Thursday 1 December 2011

Delayed responses have the most meaning/ I forgot

Dear Morwenna,

So London is being London.  Which is amazing, cold, whimsical, grey, party central and void of happiness.  Who knew there could be so many contradictory feelings for one city. 

So I guess I'm sorry, because it's so hard to offer advice via the ways of Facebook and email.  Messages aren't really conveyed the same way that a face to face talk works out.  Any how let me update you on the current escapades.

I took off to Prague with a friend for 4 day... one of the most amazing city's I've ever seen.  I still have day dreams about the best roast beef I've ever had from there.  Along with an amazing trip I procured another Starbucks mug to add to my collection... (don't judge me I'm awesome- 10 mugs now).

My Prague Mug
Living on ones own you face a multitude of new decisions as well; whether to go out on a week night with work the next day, whether to turn down a job due to dignity or buck up because rent is due next week and one of the hardest decisions I face... whether to buy food or red wine.  Yeah hard decisions.  Another battle/ blessing is the prospect and idea of housemates.  They're you family away from family and the shoulders you cry on.  I'm glad the people I'm living with at the moment help make my new home a home.  There is the occasional exception of course... "Bitch did you eat my cheese?" etc you know the stereotypical moocher of the household, but alas they're usually the quirky/ nutter of an aunt that you put up with.

So I'm a high school teacher, so not only do I possess one of the most soul draining professions in the world, well apart from law, but add to having students who need to be padded down before classes and I now understand why I was covering some woman's stress leave.  I have to say though starting off at Oasis Academy was a battle but after 1 week  I loved teaching those kids and the battle was worth seeing the cogs turn in their vacant minds.  What I find out at this school though is that I hate Blackberry's... freakin' BBM... pain in my ass.

Speaking of ass I joined a gym.  Hoping to ward off the 'Heathrow Injection' and do some toning.  Turns out the gym is like a mecca for getting rid of stress too.  After yelling at a group of Yr 8's, well that's a rush in itself seeing the little bastards shrivel up at tone of my voice like a fat mans genitals in the cold wind, but pounding out 20mins on the treadmill, using the TRX or a Yoga class brings me back to my happy place.  I came to London 75kgs... I'm currently 66kgs at the moment, I'm just going to focus on toning and less cardio from now on.

Another new happy place is the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park... Christmas on Craic!  It's everything that sugar flavoured dreams are made off!!!  Gingerbread, Mulled Cider, Bars on Carousels, Bratwurst, Cocoa, thrilling rides and ice skating.  Megan you'd be at home.  Plus  you never feel the cold so you'd be fine :-D
Prague/ Blonde days walking down my street/ Halloween

Till next time

xoxox

Malkie

No comments:

Post a Comment